So… how does website build and development work? What’s the process?
This process map illustrates each step. And the below describes each step…
1. Website design questionnaire – This acts as my brief to design your logo. Questions include what are the aims of your new website, what are you looking for in your new website and do you have any stylistic preferences – as well as what’s your organisation’s mission statement, what are your core values and who is your ideal customer?
– Deposit payment – It is at this point, I will issue a 50% non-refundable deposit invoice. Upon payment of receipt, the process can continue.
2. Research – Following receipt of your brief, I will undertake some research on your business, the industry your organisation is in, along with exploring a look, feel and functionality of your website.
3. Website theme presentation – The system I use to build your website is called WordPress. This system is based on a theme/template theme. When I have digested all of the information of your questionnaire, I will select three website themes I think would work well for you and your organisation. I will send three links to preview/demo websites and you select the one you love the most! Your website will be based upon the theme you select.
4. Theme selection and feedback – When you select a website theme you love, I follow this up with a website information request. This document asks for content and images, as well as additional features and functions you would like to see on your new website. It also requests the domain name you wish to register. Your new domain will be registered and your website hosting will be set up on your hosting company’s server.
5. Build, integration and development – Upon receipt of this form, I will undertake the build of the structure of your website. I will integrate the content and images you send to me and will configure plugins to add features and functions.
6. Final presentation – Once built and developed, I will present your website to you. It will look exactly like the theme you selected from the demo websites – but it will include your logo, brand colours, content and images. On the rare occasion any amendments wish to be made, they will be requested, discussed and undertaken at this stage.
7. Sign off – When you see and explore your website with all requested amendments, you can sign off your build and development.
– Balance payment – It is at this point, I will issue a balance invoice. Upon payment of receipt, the process can continue.
8. Launch – When payment has been received, I make your website live! I will send through links to online documentation of how to update your own website – and I’m on hand for any additional support!
If you’d like some more information about your new website design, please click here. And if you’d like to go ahead with this website build and development process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.